ECM Germany Barista Commercial Espresso MachineECM Germany
Extraordinary and extravagant design found in this octagonal stainless steel body – this style icon will be an eye-catcher in any kitchen. This hand-crafted professional model is for those who wish for the highest demands and absolute espresso pleasure.
The Barista is ECM Manufacture’s lowest priced model. It differs from the higher-priced Technika in that the Technika has wider and refined body panels, upgraded portafilters, and joystick controls for the steam/hot water valves – all of which ultimately cost more to produce. However, this is still one fine model to review before purchasing.
- Solid chrome plated ECM (Faema E61 style) brewing group with small lever action control to start and stop the espresso extraction. The switch that is engaged by the lever is of high quality, as well.
- The lever on the grouphead allows the operator to pre-infuse the coffee with water from the heat exchanger. Please note that ‘true’ pre-infusion requires a direct water connection (not possible on this machine) whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the ‘true’ pre-infusion. Therefore, this machine has passive pre-infusion in that the lever can be actuated tot he 45 degree angle and the steam pressure in the heat exchanger will force a pre-soak of the coffee grinds.
- With the heat exchanger/thermosyphon system, only fresh water from the water tank is used for the espresso extraction. The water in the heat exchanger flows to and from the grouphead.
- Body made of polished stainless steel.
- Compact construction with high-quality and thick walled STAINLESS STEEL BOILER. The larger the boiler, the more steaming capacity the user has for entertaining and superior temperature stability over machines with smaller boilers. The end flanges are also made of stainless steel.
- High quality heating element produced with a stainless steel flange (part which connects to boiler).
- Boiler safety valve on top of boiler opens if the boiler goes into overpressure – usually due to calcification of the pressurestat pipe.
- Quiet rotary vane pump with internal adjustment screw.
- The best in class overpressure valve (OPV) to release excessive brew pressure.
- Magnetic float in water reservoir will power off heating element when water level is low.
- Full size Sirai pressurestat properly configured vertical and away from boiler top.
- Dual safety thermostats in case one fails during a potential overpressure situation.
- Dual gauges are offer greater visible at top and not hidden near bottom of front panel. There is one gauge for pump/extraction pressure, and one gauge for steam pressure.
- Portafilter holder made of solid brass and plastic handle with ability to hold 58mm type baskets.
- Removable drip tray and grate made of polished stainless steel.
- Removable water reservoir should be manually cleaned every two weeks with non-abrasive dishwasher detergent.
- Multi-directional steam and hot water wands can be moved in multiple directions.
- Grips on wands to protect hands from heat while full size steam wand allows greater steam power over no-burn wands.
- The highest quality, Gicar name brand, electronic brain unit situated internally near bottom of unit away from heat refills water to the boiler after steam or hot water is dispensed.
- Low profile black feet allow lowest height capability.
- Removable cup warm tray has nice high rails so cups do not slide off when removing. Please remember to tilt back when removing so the cups do not slide forward.
- The espresso extraction, frothed milk, and hot water can be dispensed simultaneously.
- Accessories: Single spout 58mm portafilter with single cup filter basket, dual spout 58mm portafilter with double cup filter basket, plastic tamper, plastic measuring scoop, blind filter basket, backflush detergent, and instructional manual.
- Engineering design in Germany and made in Milan, Italy.
|Warranty limited to manufacturer's defect||
3 year parts only
|Boiler capacity (liters)||
|Portafilter size (mm)||
|Tank capacity (liters)||
|Country of manufacture||
Assembled in Milan, Italy, Designed in Germany