Elektra S1CO Microcasa A Leva Espresso Machine – Chrome & BrassELEKTRA
Elektra S1CO Microcasa A Leva Espresso Machine – Chrome & Brass
Revitalizing mornings are made better with the Elektra lever espresso machine. This machine perfectly suits serene mornings as it extracts espresso at minimal sound. While some may contend that lever machines are more difficult to operate, this is surely not the case as the spring in the piston helps create consistent pump pressure from one pull of the lever to the next. Make every waking moment count with an Elektra-made espresso.
- Warranty: 2-year parts and labor provided by Barista Boss
- Beautiful chrome and brass finish combination.
- Our units have the eagle with wings UP!
- Bakelite handles.
- Brass eagle situated on dome.
- Large, round base (10" diameter).
- Water level sight glass indicates level of water in boiler.
- Pressure gauge shows steam pressure in boiler and needle in green zone indicates optimal time to extract espresso. Standard pressure ranges anywhere between 0.8 - 1.3 bar.
- Spring piston-operated - lever starts in upward position, the user pulls down against spring until coffee fills bottom of demitasse cup, then lever is slowly released and the spring in the piston pushes the lever to pump the water through the coffee grinds. If making double, it is important to pull lever down a second time at the half way point and released.
- Brass piston - while other machines may have plastic pistons in the grouphead, the Elektra a leva has a brass piston to house two piston gaskets. Plastic pistons can get brittle and crack over time with all the heat in the grouphead whereas the brass piston in the Elektra is a great add-on to maintain heat within the grouphead
- Only assembly required is the attachment of the steam wand.
- Boiler pressure relief valve on top of boiler for safety.
- Durable brass boiler that provides exceptionally dry steam for creating micro foam.
- Armor-plated, 800-watt heating element.
- Internal pressure regulator automatically regulates the temperature.
- Built-in safety thermostat prevents meltdown if left without water - please note that you can still damage the heating element if the machine is run dry (without water).
- This machine is for home use only.
- Return Eligibility: As with all Elektra products, please note the following Return Policy for this item.
- Power: 110 volts only, 60 Hz, 15 Amp.
- Boiler capacity: 61 ounce (1.8 liters) approximate.
- Measurements: 19" H x 10" W x 10" D (49cm H x 26cm W x 26cm D).
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Filter basket size: 49-50mm.
- Fabricated in Treviso, Italy.
- Due to the smaller portafilter size, this machine is not pod-capable.
- The exterior color, which includes a clear coat finish, will naturally change as each Elektra machine ages. This would not be covered under warranty as color changes are not considered manufacturer's defects.
- Some assembly is required - we remove the steam wand to prevent damage in transit. Therefore, you will need a crescent wrench to place it back on.
- Cup seen in the picture above is not included.
- Warranty Note: It is very important to use 'softened water' in these machines, as well as all espresso machines. Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the leva and Semiautomatica machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer's defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.
- There is a safety feature on this machine when water is not pumped into the boiler on initial startup. If this isn't done the safety kicks off and the machine will have to be reset. On the bottom of the machine underneath the yellow cap there is a reset button for the safety thermostat. If you purchased the machine from us and are still having issues, you can email us for instructions.
- WARNING: DO NOT PULL LEVER DOWN WITHOUT HOLDING THE PORTAFILTER INSTALLED IN THE GROUPHEAD AND FILLED WITH VERY FINE GROUND COFFEE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL CAUSE DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY.
- CAUTION: ALL SURFACES ARE HOT AND CAN CAUSE BURNS.