Elektra SXC Microcasa Semiautomatic Commercial Espresso Machine – ChromeELEKTRA
Elektra SXC Microcasa Semiautomatic Commercial Espresso Machine – Chrome
The Elektra SemiAutomatica machine marries convenience and quality espresso. From assembly to espresso extraction, expect each step to be seamless. The attachment of the steam wand is the only required assembly. Three red switches are delegated to the power, coffee brew, and boiler refill functions. Crafting the most flavorful espresso beverages is made easier through the heat exchanger system with proper temperature. The machine is also built with an automatic pressure and temperature regulator as well as a knob-controlled steam valve for utmost user-friendliness.
- Warranty: 2-year parts and labor provided by Barista Boss
- Bakelite handle on portafilter - wooden handle, as shown, is no longer available on this model
- Three red switches - power, coffee brew, & boiler refill
- Brass eagle situated on dome with wings up
- Large, round base with 10" diameter for stability of unit on countertop
- Water level sight glass with pressure gauge
- Pump-operated to deliver water to grouphead and to refill boiler
- Heat exchanger system with proper temperature to extract the most flavorful espresso beverages
- Only assembly required is the attachment of the steam wand
- Manual water refill switch for boiler
- Boiler pressure relief valve for safety
- Durable brass boiler that provides very dry steam for frothing milk
- Extended steam wand away from boiler
- Twist knob-controlled steam valve for quick turn ons and offs!
- Three-way solenoid valve to relieve pressure in grouphead when finished extracting espresso to avoid "espresso explosion" when removing the portafilter handle
- Top loading water basin for easy refill and for continuous water delivery (manual switch by operator) so machine does not have to be shut down like hand lever models
- Armour-plated, 800-watt heating element
- Automatic pressure/temperature regulator
- Return Eligibility: As with all Elektra products, please note the following Return Policy for this item.
- Power: 110 volts only, 60 Hz, 15 Amp
- Boiler Capacity: 67 ounce (2.0 liters) approximate
- Measurements: 23" H x 10" W x 10" D (58cm H x 26cm W x 26cm D)
- Filter basket size: 58mm
- Manufactured in Treviso, Italy
- Warranty Note: Please note that it is very important to use 'softened water' in these machines, as well as all espresso machines. Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the leva and Semiautomatica machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer's defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.
- The exterior color, which includes a clear coat finish, will naturally change as each Elektra machine ages. The inside of the water reservoir will discolor with the use of hard water (high in magnesium and/or calcium) or distilled/purified water. These items would not be covered under warranty as they are not considered manufacturer's defects.
- The water in the boiler is not used to make coffee. The water to make coffee comes directly from the reservoir and passes through a pipe in the bottom boiler for flash heating. If cold water passes through this pipe, the change in temperature will cause the boiler water (sight glass) to fluctuate. The only time the water level in the sight glass should change is when
a) the steamer is used and the water level drops, or
b) the red button on the left-hand side of the base is depressed and held to refill the boiler.
- There is a safety feature on this machine when water is not pumped into the boiler on initial startup. If this isn't performed correctly, the safety kicks off and the machine will have to be reset. On the bottom of the machine underneath the yellow cap there is a reset button for the safety thermostat.
- Paint remover can be used to remove the paint from copper and brass parts. Elektra uses varnish to paint the parts.
- To learn more about this espresso machine, read Home-Barista.com's Buyer's Guide to the Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica.
This machine is for home use only.
CAUTION: ALL SURFACES ARE HOT AND CAN CAUSE BURNS
Assembly Required: Eagle needs to be attached to dome by owner