Eureka KR E Espresso GrinderEUREKA
The core of the KRE's design lies with its beefy 8-amp motor and gear reduction setup that offers enough torque to spin without overheating or pulverizing your beans. True to Eureka form, the KRE comes equipped with a stepless grind adjust mounted below the motor, giving you exacting control of grind setting while also preserving it between cleanings. Other niceties include a large 2.2-pound bean hopper, timed or continuous dosing, and barista lights that illuminate your portafilter while grinding.
What it Covers: Eureka Grinders
Length: Home Use: 1-year parts and labor, Commercial Use: 1-year parts, 3 months labor
Who Supports the Warranty: Barista Boss.
Warranty Contact Information: 800-590-4105 or email us at support@Baristaboss.com
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Features and Functionality
- Conical Burrs - Large 68mm conical burrs excel at feeding and promise less grind adjustments than comparable flat burr grinders.
- Stepless - A stepless grinder adjust offers more accurate dialing grind settings than stepped models.
- Bottom Burr Adjust - Like all other Eureka grinders, the KRE adjusts from below the motor. This lets you disassemble and clean your burrs without losing your grind setting.
- Timed Dosing - Set timed doses for single and double shots, as well as continuous grinding.
- On-Demand - This grinder is designed to grind individual shots.
|SCG Staff Says...||Some people maintain that flat burrs emphasize more chocolate notes in coffee, while conical burrs bring out more fruity notes.|
|How Does it Compare?||While the case is near-identical to the Olympus 75, the conical burrset, motor layout and grind quality are very similar to a Mazzer Kony.|
|Suitable Applications||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||2.2 lbs|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Steel|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||On/Off Switch Only|