Izzo Alex Duetto IV Plus Espresso MachineIZZO ALEX DUETTO
Izzo Alex Duetto IV Plus Espresso Machine
Includes a Free $25 Amazon Gift Card
The newly unveiled Izzo Alex Duetto IV Espresso Machine is the much anticipated follow up to the Duetto 3.0 and 3.0SS. It may feature the same aesthetic appeal, but it boasts a plethora of internal upgrades.
Version 4 found a way to eliminate previous concerns that water might get into the motor through the pump by inverting the motor position. It features a new PID that integrates a shot timer, which allows control on the length of the shot to achieve great tasting results. With the small cutout at the bottom side panel, the pump can be adjusted from the outside, without having to disassemble the machine. At the bottom of the machine are drain plugs for both boilers and easy access points to the heating elements. The chrome-plated gicler valve and mushroom have been equally upgraded to stainless steel to avoid corrosion.
Ugrades from the Alex Duetto 3.0:
- The pump has been made even quieter and the clearance has been increased (to 3.5 inches) to allow taller cups.
- Inversion of the motor position - The motor has been installed over the pump. (eliminates the concern that the pump could leak and water get into the motor)
- New PID with shot timer - Timer now integrated into PID. (allows you to control the length of the shot and to get the best results)
- Pump adjustment from outside - Thanks to a small cutout in the bottom side panel, it is possible to adjust the pump without dissembling the machine.
- Drain plug in both Boilers - In order to facilitate the drainage of boilers, both boilers have a drain plug in bottom of the machine.
- Heating Element Access - Easy access points in the bottom of the machine, to change the heating elements without dissembling the machine.
- Gicler Valve and Mushroom in stainless steel.(no longer have concerns about corrosion or flaking from chrome plated gicler and mushroom)
- Warrantly: One year parts and labor provided by Barista Boss
- Smaller, recessed heater lights
Large redesigned drip tray, holds 32 oz. of water Drip tray has catch tray on back, easy to slide in Ergonomic angled portafilters, for ease of use Cup warmer tray with rails, better ventilation Reinforce front to reduce flexing Discharge into drip tray goes down instead of forward, silicone tube no longer visible Easy access expansion valve Lever action, E 61 commercial group with automatic pre-infusion No-Burn articulating steam arm No-Burn articulating hot water arm 4 different style tips (1- 2 hole, 2- 4 hole,1-5 hole) Stainless steel base 58mm tamper All stainless construction (including the frame) Large removable drip tray (includes option to drain if desired) Dual boilers PID controller for the group boiler (with 1.0 degree Fahrenheit adjustment) PID controller also controls the steam boiler temperature (and thus pressure) Extremely quiet rotary pump Quiet and more reliable SSR Power Relay Water tank 2.4 liter with low water sensor (cuts power to heater) Lever control to allow switching water source from direct plumb to water tank Low water sensor in the reservoir Red indicator lights clearly marked so you can tell which boiler is receiving power Rubber insulating boots over heating element ends for safety Optional drain kit included 15 or 20 amperage operational mode (please specify your preference) 2 inch clearance between the drip tray and the portafilter